This stepper is intended to be used in aiding in the physical rehabilitation process for patients with orthopedic problems. This stepper may also be used in sports medicine, wellness and general conditioning programs.
- Patient warm-up before physical therapy session.
- Have the patient walk to improve ambulation and range of motion after knee/hip/ankle surgery.
- Allow patients to perform cardiovascular exercise.
- Used for open kinetic chain exercise only; patient is not restrained or connected to the stepper.
- Stepper is a device intended to be used to redevelop muscles or restore motion to joints.
- Self adjustable step length allows patients to pedal in smaller range of knee motion, from 5 degrees to full range.
- Arms are linked to the foot pedals for ease of coordination. Arms can also be used alone without stepping with feet.
- Symmetry program measures balance between left and right pedal and/or arm stroke. Graphical bio-feedback display motivates patients to maintain even power symmetry between left and right legs. If measuring arms only the graph and power readings will be reversed.
Intended Patient Population
- Male and female adults; children at the discretion of a qualified physical therapist and/or parental consent.
- Maximal patient's weight is 440 lbs (200 kgs).
- Patient must be ambulatory.
- Patient should have medical clearance before starting any rigorous exercise program. This is especially important for persons with a history of heart disease or other high risk factors.
Intended Body Part/Tissue Applied
- Contact site: hands, feet, and trunk.
- Condition: should not have any trauma.
- There is not particular operator restriction on age, gender, height, weight ability, or culture.
- Education level: University or above.
- Knowledge: The operator should read the MS300 Owner's Manual before use.
- Discipline: The operator should receive training from the manufacturer before use.
- Experience: The operator must have experience in physical therapy.
- Background: The operator must be a major in physical therapy.
- Professional competence: The operator should have a physical therapist license.
Intended Conditions of Use
- Hygienic environment conditions.
- General: intended for indoor use. This product is not designed for use outdoors, near a pool or spa, or in any other high humidity environment. Learn more about where to put your stepper here.
- Visibility conditions.
- Ambient luminance: standard ambient room light is sufficient.
- Viewing distance: 1 meter
- Viewing angle: 120 degrees
- Physical conditions.
- Temperature range: 50° - 96.8° F (10° - 36° C)
- Relative humidity range: 30% R.H. - 90% R.H., non-condensing
- Usage conditions and frequency of use are dependent upon the therapist's plan.
- This stepper is intended to be used in a fixed location such as hospitals, clinics, institutional research, and homes.