IMPORTANT: Always consult your physician before participating in any exercise program or regimen.
A note about your console’s calorie display: Your console’s calorie display is to be used as a reference only to monitor improvement from workout to workout. No exercise machine can give you an exact calorie count because there are too many factors which determine exact calorie burn for any particular person. Even if someone is the exact same body weight, age and height, their calorie burn may be very different from yours.
Quick Start Program
As strokes are detected, the console will immediately launch the Quick Start Program. Time, distance, calories, SPM, watts, strokes, and total strokes will begin counting. TIME/500M and TIME/500M AVERAGE will be alternately displayed every 5 seconds. When a user's heart rate is detected while using a compatible heart rate monitor, the target icon will stay lit, and the ♥ icon will flash. Current heart rates will be shown. In the absence of heart rate input, three dashes “- - -” will be shown continuously.
Target Time, Distance, Calories, and Strokes Programs
Target Time, Target Distance, Target Calories, and Target Strokes program allow the target goal of each value to be customized. To begin:
- Press the desired TARGET button (TIME, DISTANCE, CALORIES, STROKES).
- When operating a target program (after the console has been reset), the user will enter the target value. Adjust the value by pressing ▲ or ▼ buttons, then pressing the ENTER button to confirm the setting. If no value has been entered, the console will use the last setting as the target value on each mode.
- Each display field will light up and begin to readout data as follows:
- For the TARGET TIME program, the time target will begin to count down.
- For the TARGET DISTANCE program, the distance will begin to calculating.
- For the TARGET CALORIES program, the calories will begin calculating.
- For the TARGET STROKES program, the strokes will begin calculating.
- The mode will end when the target is achieved. Pressing the RESET button at any time will also end the target program.
- The workout summary will be shown after the target program has ended, or the RESET button has been pressed.