Filling the Tank
Before filling the rower tank, please note:
- Fill the tank only with tap water. Never use pool chlorine or chlorine bleach. This will damage the tank and void the warranty.
- Water from the tank is not suitable for consumption. Dispose the water after pumping it out from the tank.
- Remove the rubber fill plug from the top of the tank.
- Place a large bucket of water next to the rower. Position the siphon and rigid hose into the bucket. Place the flexible hose inside the tank. Note: Make sure the small valve on the siphon is closed before filling.
- Set the resistance adjustment knob to 10. Squeeze the siphon to begin filling. Be careful not to overfill the tank.
- When the tank is full, open the valve on top of the siphon to allow excess water to escape.
Initial Water Treatment
Your unit purchase includes four Water Treatment Tablets, which is sufficient for several years of use. Add one Water Treatment Tablet per full tank. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, USE A WATER TREATMENT TABLET OTHER THAN THOSE SUPPLIED WITH YOUR UNIT.
To purchase additional chlorine tabs, please consult your nearest regional dealer/distributor.
Long Term Water Treatment
Water treatment schedules for your water rower will vary according to the fluid tanks exposure to sunlight, but expect 8-12 months near a bright, sunlit window and 2 years or more for a darker location before the water needs to be treated. At the point of finding the water slightly cloudy, add a Water Treatment Tablet.
CAUTION: It is strongly recommended that a drop cloth be used under the fluid tank whenever the tank plug is opened for water treatment.
Emptying the Tank
- Set the resistance adjuster knob to 1.
- Row at least ten strokes to fill the storage reservoir as completely as possible. Remove the tank plug.
- Insert rigid end of siphon into the tank, and flexible hose into a large bucket.
- Drain the tank using the siphon and then refill following directions for tank filling as described in the "Tank Filling" section above. Note: Approximately 40% of tank water will remain. It is not possible to completely drain the tank without disassembly.
- Follow the Resistance Level Display guide for level calibration.
- The valve on top of the siphon must be closed to allow proper drainage.
Water treatment will preclude the need to change tank water if the treatment schedule is maintained. Additional Water Treatment Tablets are required only when discoloration appears in the water.