"- -" Error: Tension motor failure.
Applies to the Following Elliptical Models: XE195, XE295, XE395, XG400, XE795, XS895, CE800, CE850, CE900
- If you press the console buttons to increase or decrease the resistance and changes do not occur, it is possible that a wiring connection has become loose or damaged and is no longer receiving signals.
- First, check to ensure that the elliptical is connected to the external power source and that the proper voltage necessary to power the elliptical is available (if necessary).
- Next, check to ensure that all cables coming from the console and into the frame are securely connected.
- After confirming the elliptical's connection and voltage from the power supply, completely power off and unplug your elliptical. Wait 10 minutes before plugging in and powering on your elliptical.
- If the "- -" error code is still showing after the elliptical has been restarted, please submit a ticket here or contact the Spirit Service Department by phone at 800-258-8511 for assistance.
If after troubleshooting you are still unable to resolve your machine's error, please contact the Spirit Service Department and be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your name
- Dealer location
- Date of purchase
- Machine serial number
You can contact the Spirit Service Department by submitting a ticket here or by calling 800-258-8511 for assistance.Service agents are available Monday-Friday from 8:00am - 7:00pm CST.
Just as your elliptical operates to keep you fit and healthy, your elliptical also requires regular care to guarantee that it maintains its functionality. Ensure that your elliptical is cleaned and adjusted regularly to avoid service downtime.
Learn more about elliptical maintenance best practices by visiting the articles below: