Warm Up Mode
Warm Up Mode is the most basic function of the Johnny G Spirit Bike. Riders can use this mode to prepare themselves for a class or when just pedaling to warm up for other activities. This mode is the first function that occurs when the console awakens from sleep mode. Riders can stay in this mode for as long as desired.
- Upon console awakening, the words JOHNNY G. METHOD, THE RIDE OF TRUTH display.
- WARM UP will flash 3 times, followed by PRESS PLAY KEY, WHEN READY TO GO.
- The Home screen appears displaying LEVEL, RPM, TIME, DISTANCE, WATTS, HEART RATE. Console continues Warm Up Mode until Play Key is pressed. The warm up cycle continues until Play Key is pressed.
- During Warm Up mode, users can adjust level of intensity. Press + or – Key on either Forward Control Pad or handlebar ends to adjust resistance.
- Warm Up Mode will last as long as user stays in this mode. Warm Up Mode will NOT display a summary screen. Only the program screens display a summary.
Manual Mode is another basic function of the Johnny G Spirit Bike. Manual Mode is also the HR Zone program. Once a heart rate monitor is paired during Warm Up Mode, heart rate performance and zones will be tracked. Riders can use this mode for a complete workout or to prepare themselves for other activities. The only differences between this mode and the Warm Up Mode is that the rider will have a workout summary of their effort.
At any time during Warm Up Mode, press the Play Key to enter Manual Mode. Pressing the Play Key displays ENJOY THE RIDE followed by display screen. Any time and distance data collected during Warm Up Mode will be erased.
- Press + or – Key on either Forward Control Pad or handlebar ends to adjust resistance.
- When ride is completed at desired time, press Play Key. Current data will pause.
- Screen displays END WORKOUT, then NO will flash on display.
- Press either + or – Key to toggle between NO and YES for desired action.
- Pressing Play Key to select NO will revert to Manual Mode. Time, Distance, Intensity and data will continue from moment data was paused. END WORKOUT function ends the workout.
If selecting YES to end the workout:
- Screen displays WORKOUT RESULTS, followed by Summary Data: TIME in minutes, DISTANCE in miles/km’s, WATT AVG, WATT PEAK, SPEED AVG in miles/km’s, SPEED PEAK in miles/km’s, HR AVG, HR PEAK, RPM AVG, RPM PEAK. Pressing + or – Keys will scroll through Summary Data screens.
- Summary data screens will scroll every 5 seconds if + or – Keys are NOT pressed.
- Pressing Play Key will reset display and revert to Warm Up Mode.
Pairing a Heart Rate Device
Maintenance Mode contains sensitive settings for your bike's console. Becoming familiar with the Maintenance Mode information used in this section important for your bike's proper operation. It is necessary that the console be powered in order to access the Maintenance Mode. Pedaling above 30RPM is all that is needed to illuminate the console. Maintenance Mode offers following bike settings:
- Key Test
- Display Test
- Units – English/Metric
- Brake Test
- RPM Sensor
- Update Software
- LED Brightness
- Bike ID
- Auto Pair HR
- HR Zone
- Demo Mode
It will be necessary for light to moderate pedaling of bike to power on the console, enter Maintenance Mode and change the settings. To enter Maintenance Mode:
- Simultaneously press and hold + Key, – Key and Play Key on Forward Control Pad for 3 seconds.
- Console displays MAINTENANCE MODE. Upon entering Maintenance Mode, press Play Key.
- KEY TEST displays on console.
- Press the + Key to scroll through different screens until the desired screen displays.
- Press Play Key to enter displayed setting. Once within setting, use + or – Key adjust.
- Press Play Key to confirm and exit some but not all settings.
- Press the + Key to scroll through to another screen.
- Exit Maintenance Mode by resetting console. Press Play Key and + Key simultaneously for 3 seconds. CONSOLE RESET displays on console.
Note: If the console displays CONSOLE RESET, instead of MAINTENANCE MODE, then ALL 3 keys on Forward Control Pad were possibly not pressed and held simultaneously or for enough time; attempt action again.