Note: The instructions below apply to all CU800 models.
Your CU800 bike has a built-in generator that supplies power. The bike does not need to be plugged in to external power in order to operate. To power on the bike, begin pedaling and the console will activate. Learn more about operating your CU800 here.
NEVER operate this fitness bike without reading and completely understanding the results of any operational change you request from the computer. Understand that changes in resistance do not occur immediately. Set your desired level on the computer console and release the adjustment key. The computer will obey the command gradually. Use caution while participating in other activities while using your fitness bike such as watching television, reading, etc. These distractions may cause you to lose balance, resulting in serious injury.
Your console is equipped with a C-SAFE feature. The power port can be used for powering a remote controlled audio-visual system by connecting a cable from the remote to the power port at the back of the console. The communication port (COMM) can be used to interact with fitness software applications.
Important Electrical Instructions
Read all instructions before using this appliance.
Be aware that the generator is producing AC power while the fitness bike is being used. Do not service the fitness bike while the generator is spinning; serious electric shock could occur.
NEVER expose this upright bike to rain or moisture. This product is NOT designed for use outdoors, near a pool or spa, or in any other high humidity environment. The operating temperature specification is 40 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit, and humidity is 95% non-condensing (no water drops forming on surfaces). Learn more about where to put your bike here.
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed. To reduce the risk of burns, fire electric shock, or injury to persons:
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to a service center for examination and repair.
- Do not carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as a handle.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never operate the appliance with the air openings blocked. Keep the air openings free of lint, hair, and the like.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being use or where oxygen is being administered.
- Connect this appliance to a properly grounded outlet only.