START: Press to set up the value of time, distance, calories, and pulse. Hold the button to increase the value quickly.
MODE/RESET: Press to select machine functions during workout session. Hold down for three (3) seconds to reset all data. Note: The monitor will automatically power on when the user starts to exercise. The monitor will automatically start calculating functions when you start to exercise and will stop calculating when you stop exercising for three (3) seconds.
Functions and Operations
RPM/CADENCE: Cadence is the measurement of how fast the cranks are rotating in RPM. The approximate speed of the bike can also be display in miles per hour or kilometers per hour. In addition to the mph/kph, the RPM section of the display also has a bar graph that allows the rider to visually keep track of the approximate RPM.
TIME: Time is measured in Minutes:Seconds. There is a time of day clock and a workout timer clock. The workout timer will count up or count down during pedaling. If pedaling stops, the time will stop counting after three (3) seconds of inactivity.
SPEED: Displays user's current speed. The maximum value is 999.9mph.
DISTANCE: Distance is the measurement of the virtual distance traveled on the bike. This distance is based on the user riding a bike with tires that are the same size as the group bike’s flywheel.
CALORIE: The approximation of calories burned during your workout. The calories are an estimate only.
ODOMETER: The monitor will display the total accumulated distance. The maximum value is 999.9 miles.
PULSE: Displays the user’s pulse. This the approximation of heart rate detected from the heart rate monitor during your workout (chest-strap sold separately).
Adjusting the Clock
- If you want to change the time of day settings at any time press the left hand key until time of day is displayed then press the right hand key for three (3) seconds. The display will flash an indication of whether the clock is set for 12 hours or 24 hours (military time). Press the right START button to change.
- Press the MODE/RESET button to switch to the hour setting, use the START button to change hours.
- Press the MODE/RESET button again to switch to minutes and use the START button to change the minutes.
- When you are finished, wait a few seconds for the display to return to the start-up screen.
Settings a Workout Time
- Press and hold the MODE/RESET button when the bottom section of the display is showing SPEED.
- Minutes will now be flashing. Press the START button to increase the amount of minutes.
- To clear the exercise time amount, press the START button until the time is displayed, then hold the START button for three seconds.
Adjusting Resistance Settings
To adjust resistance while operating your XIC600 bike, turn the tension knob clockwise for more resistance and counterclockwise for less resistance.
To apply the brake, press down on the tension knob to the maximum resistance setting.
Before dismounting, increase the resistance to slow the flywheel and allow it to come to a complete stop.