E18 Error: AC motor drive has detected excessive motor output currents.
Applies to the Following Treadmill Models: CT900
- Ensure that the treadmill is connected to the external power source and that the proper voltage necessary to power the treadmill is available.
- After confirming the treadmill's connection and voltage from the power supply, completely power off and unplug your treadmill. Wait 10 minutes before plugging in and powering on your treadmill.
- After restarting the treadmill, check for signs of overheating (strong smell, grinding noises, inconsistent operation speeds). If the motor appears overheated, ensure that the treadmill is properly lubricated. For further instruction, see our article: "How to Lubricate Your Treadmill."
- Check the treadmill for signs of bearing damage (clunking or grinding noises). If you notice signs of bearing damage, ensure that the treadmill belt is properly aligned. For further instruction, see our article: "How to Adjust Belt Tracking and Set Tension."
- If the E18 error code is still showing after confirming that the treadmill is lubricated and aligned, please submit a ticket here or contact the Spirit Service Department by phone at 800-258-8511 for assistance.
If after troubleshooting you are still unable to resolve your machine's error, please contact the Spirit Service Department and be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your name
- Dealer location
- Date of purchase
- Machine serial number
You can contact the Spirit Service Department by submitting a ticket here or by calling 800-258-8511 for assistance.Service agents are available Monday-Friday from 8:00am - 7:00pm CST.
Just as your treadmill operates to keep you fit and healthy, your treadmill also requires regular care to guarantee that it maintains its functionality. Ensure that your treadmill is cleaned, lubricated, and adjusted regularly to avoid service downtime.
Learn more about treadmill maintenance best practices by visiting the articles below: