This treadmill is intended to be used in aiding in the physical rehabilitation process for patients with orthopedic and neurological problems. This treadmill may also be used in sports medicine, wellness and general conditioning programs.
- Patient warm-up before physical therapy session.
- Have the patient walk to improve ambulation and range of motion after knee/hip/ankle surgery or neurological conditions.
- Allow patients to perform cardiovascular exercise.
- Used for open kinetic chain exercise only; patient is not restrained or connected to the treadmill.
- Treadmill is a device intended to be used to redevelop muscles or restore motion to joints.
- Walking belt allows for both forward and reverse walking.
- Front and rear incline allows for uphill and downhill walking.
- Symmetry program measures the distance between the user's left and right steps.
- Graphical biofeedback display motivates patients to maintain even step symmetry between each legs.
- Parallel handrails are adjustable to accommodate for pediatric patients to large adult patients.
Intended Patient Population
- Male and female adults; children at the discretion of a qualified physical therapist and/or parental consent.
- Maximal patient's weight is 440 lbs (200 kgs).
- Patient must be ambulatory.
- Patient should have medical clearance before starting any rigorous exercise program. This is especially important for persons with a history of heart disease or other high risk factors.
Intended Body Part/Tissue Applied
- Contact site: hands and feet.
- Condition: should not have any trauma.
- There is not particular operator restriction on age, gender, height, weight ability, or culture.
- Education level: University or above.
- Knowledge: The operator should read the MT200 Owner's Manual before use.
- Discipline: The operator should receive training from the manufacturer before use.
- Experience: The operator must have experience in physical therapy.
- Background: The operator must be a major in physical therapy.
- Professional competence: The operator should have a physical therapist license.
Intended Conditions of Use
- Hygienic environment conditions.
- General: intended for indoor use. This product is not designed for use outdoors, near a pool or spa, or in any other high humidity environment. Learn more about where to put your treadmill here.
- Visibility conditions.
- Ambient luminance: standard ambient room light is sufficient.
- Viewing distance: 1 meter
- Viewing angle: 120 degrees
- Physical conditions.
- Temperature range: 50° - 96.8° F (10° - 36° C)
- Relative humidity range: 30% R.H. - 90% R.H., non-condensing
- Usage conditions and frequency of use are dependent upon the therapist's plan.
- This treadmill is intended to be used in a fixed location such as hospitals, clinics, institutional research, and homes.