Unupholstered high-contact surfaces (hard plastics) can be sanitized using a 75% isopropyl alcohol solution and a clean, dry cloth (1). Spray surfaces to be sanitized, and use the dry cloth to wipe clean. Allow surfaces to dry before using.
For upholstered or soft-plastic surfaces, use a conditioner (such as the one linked here) after sanitizing (1). Be sure to follow the instructions provided by the conditioner manufacturer to ensure proper use of the conditioner.
Alternatively, you can make your own spray by mixing the proper ratio of isopropyl alcohol and distilled water to reach a 75% solution.
1. Purchase a spray container, or properly sanitize one that you already own.
2. Take note of how much liquid your container can safely hold.
3. Purchase distilled water, and 75%-99% isopropyl alcohol, or use some if you already have this on-hand.
4. Either calculate by hand or use an online calculator - such as the one linked here - to find out how much of each ingredient to mix in order to achieve the proper concentration based on your isopropyl alcohol percentage (1).
b. Make sure the proper units of measurements are selected in all of the drop-down boxes.
c. Enter the percentage of isopropyl alcohol you are using in the topmost box of the calculator. You can find the percentage on the front of your isopropyl alcohol bottle.
d. Enter 75% in the third box. This represents the final concentration of sanitizer you are making.
e. Enter the size of your container, or the amount of sanitizer you are trying to make in the second-to-last box.
f. The calculator then fills in the remaining boxes with the amount of isopropyl alcohol (8.33 in the example image), and the amount of water (2.66 in the example image) to mix together in your container.
5. Mix your ingredients together and place them in your container.
6. Follow the sanitization recommendations provided here, and enjoy your freshly sanitized Spirit Fitness machine!