The Spirit Fit mobile application is a great way to track your workouts, achieve your exercise goals, and sync data to other fitness applications that you might use (Apple Health, Map My Fitness, Fitbit, Strava).
Machines Compatible Exclusively with the Spirit Fit Mobile App
The following machines are compatible only with the Spirit Fit app (not the SPIRIT+ app):
The Spirit Fit mobile app can be downloaded for free on the Apple Store or Google Play.
If you are a Strava user and would like to share workout data from your Spirit equipment, you must utilize the Spirit Fit app. Currently, the SPIRIT+ app does not support data export compatibility with the Strava app. Learn more about sharing workout data with Strava here.
Using the Spirit Fit App
Downloading the App and Creating an Account
To create your Spirit Fit account and sync the Spirit Fit app with your exercise machine, do the following:
1. Download the Spirit Fit app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
2. Ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on your device (phone or tablet) and that your Spirit machine has its Bluetooth settings toggled on. Open the app on your device (phone or tablet).
3. Upon opening the app, you will be prompted to create an account and user profile. For ease of access, you can login with your Facebook account, WeChat account, or continue as a guest. Note: If you continue as a guest, you’ll lose access to the calendar and workout tracking features.
4. When prompted, enter your preferred email address and create a password. The next few screens will help you create a user profile and will ask you questions about your height, weight, etc. Inputing this information helps make the calorie count displayed more accurate.
5. In the upper right corner of all pages within the app, you will see the small circular language icon with the selected language shown ('En' for English). To change to an alternate language, press the blue language icon, scroll through the list of available languages, select your language, then press 'Confirm.'
6. Once your account has been created, tap the 'Programs' heading at the top of the page, then tap the red broken link icon in the upper left corner of the page. Connect to your machine by locating it on the list of available discoverable devices. Locate your machine name and tap to select and then tap 'Connect.'
7. When the app and equipment are synced, the Bluetooth icon on the equipment’s console display will light up and the icon within the app will turn black and appear as a link. Your machine is now connected to your Spirit Fit mobile app.
When your workout is finished, the data is automatically saved and you will be prompted to sync your data with each available fitness cloud site. Please note you will have to download the applicable compatible fitness app, such as iHealth, MapMyFitness, Record, or Fitbit, in order for the icon to be active and available.
How to Turn Treadmill Bluetooth 'On'
Your Spirit treadmill is shipped to you with the Bluetooth feature turned on. The following instructions show you how to toggle Bluetooth on/off.
Note: You cannot turn Bluetooth on/off on ellipticals or bikes. Bluetooth on ellipticals and bikes is permanently set to on.
1. Pull out the safety key.
2. While holding down the incline + button and the START button at the same time, re-insert the safety key; continue to hold down the incline + button and START button for about two seconds until you hear a beep. After the beep, release all buttons. At the bottom of the console, it will show BLUETOOTH as ON or OFF.
3. Use the incline +/- or speed +/- buttons to toggle BLUETOOTH ON or OFF.
4. Once selection is made, press the STOP button to exit.
Please note: The Bluetooth symbol on the console LCD will not light up until you connect to the equipment through your phone/tablet.