Your CT900 treadmill comes equipped with a variety of built-in programs as well as the ability to customize your workout based upon your fitness goals.
IMPORTANT: Always consult your physician before participating in any exercise program or regimen.
Adjust your settings as you workout
- Press any console button to wake the display up (if not already on). Note: Installing the safety key will also wake up console. Press the MANUAL program button.
- Press the START key to begin belt movement at 0.5mph, then adjust to the desired speed using the speed +/- or 0-9 keys. You can adjust the speed at any time during your workout.
- To adjust the incline level, press and the incline +/- or 0-9 keys to achieve the desired gradient.
- To stop the tread-belt and end the workout, press the red STOP key.
Preset (Built-in) Programs
12 preset programs offering a variety of challenge levels
The Spirit Fitness CT900 offers sixteen (16) preset programs: Hill, Fat Burn, Cardio, Interval, HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), 5k Run, Heart Rate Control, and nine (9) Fitness Tests (Gerkin, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, PEB).
- Press the desired program button to select a program, then press the ENTER button to begin customizing the program with your personal data, or press the START button to begin the program with the default settings.
- After selecting the desired program and pressing ENTER, the time window will blink with the default value of 20 minutes. You may use any of the +/- buttons to adjust the time. After adjusting the time, press ENTER to confirm. Note: You may press START at any time during the programming to begin with only settings you have modified at that point.
- The incline window will now be blinking a value indicating your age. Use the +/- buttons to adjust, and then press ENTER to confirm.
- The distance window will now be blinking a value indicating your bodyweight. Entering your correct bodyweight affects the calorie readout accuracy. Use the +/- buttons to adjust, and then press ENTER to confirm.
- The speed window will now be blinking, showing the preset top speed of the selected program. Use the +/- buttons to adjust, and then press ENTER to confirm. Each program has various speed changes throughout; this allows you to limit the highest speed the program will attain during your workout.
- When finished, press the START button to begin your workout, or press the STOP button to return to the previous screen.
At the start of each program, there is a three (3) minute warm-up to begin. You can press the START button to bypass this and go straight to the workout. During the warm-up, the clock will count down from three (3) minutes. Note: The 5k Run, Heart Rate Control, and Manual programs do not have a warm-up period.
This program follows a triangle or pyramid type of gradual progression from approximately 10% of maximum effort (the level that you chose before starting this program) up to a maximum effort which lasts for 10% of the total workout time, then a gradual regression of resistance back to approximately 10% of maximum effort.
Fat Burn Program
This program follows a quick progression up to the maximum resistance level (default or user input level) that is sustained for 2/3 of the workout. This program will challenge your ability to sustain your energy output for an extended period of time.
Heart Rate Control Programs 1 and 2
This program takes you through high levels of intensity followed by recovery periods of low intensity. This program utilizes and develops your “fast twitch” muscle fibers which are used when performing tasks that are intense and short in duration. These deplete your oxygen level and spike your heart rate, followed by periods of recovery and heart rate drop to replenish oxygen. Your cardiovascular system gets trained to use oxygen more efficiently.
The HIIT ("High Intensity Interval Training") program takes advantage of the latest trend in fitness. During this program, you will perform short bursts of high intensity sprinting followed by short rest periods. HIIT is a fully customizable interval training program. You can enter the number of intervals, time of each interval Sprint and Rest periods and the work intensity of the levels.
- Press the HIIT program button, then press ENTER.
- The console display will ask you to enter your age. Enter your age using the +/- keys, then press the ENTER key to accept the new number and proceed on to the next screen.
- Enter your weight. Adjust the weight number using the +/- keys, then press ENTER to continue.
- Now select the number of intervals desired (the default is 10) and the range available is 3-15. One interval equals 1 sprint and 1 rest segment.
- Next, enter the interval time. The display will show: Sprint Time: 30 and Rest Time: 30. Use the +/- keys to adjust the sprint time from 30 to 60 seconds and then press ENTER. Next, the time for the rest period will blink and you can adjust the time using the +/- keys and press ENTER.
- The console display now shows SPRINT SPD 6.0 MPH. Use the +/- keys to adjust the sprint speed you desire and then press ENTER.
- The console display now shows REST SPEED 3.0 MPH. Use the +/- keys to adjust the rest speed you desire and then press ENTER.
- Press START to begin the HIIT program. The program starts with a 3-minute warm-up period with the speed set to 50% of the sprint speed selected previously. Manually adjust the speed during the warm-up if you wish.
5k Run Program
This program automatically sets a 5k distance as your goal. The track display will show one loop that is the equivalent of 5 kilometers. When the program begins, the distance will count down and once it reaches zero, the program ends.
When the Fitness Test program is selected, the dot matrix displays the 9 different tests available: Gerkin, WFI, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, PEB, Coast Guard, and UK Chester Fireman.
- To select your desired fitness test, press the FITNESS TEST program button and then use the +/- buttons to cycle through the available programs. Press ENTER to select.
- The console display will prompt you to enter your weight. You may adjust the weight setting, shown in the distance window, using the +/- keys then press the ENTER button to accept the new number and proceed on to the next screen.
- Now enter your age. You may adjust the age setting, shown in the incline window, using the +/- keys, then press ENTER to continue.
- Now enter your gender. You may adjust the gender setting, shown in the incline window, using the +/- keys then press ENTER to continue.
- Press START to begin the test.