Safety Tether Cord
A safety tether cord is provided with this treadmill. It is a simple magnetic design that should be used at all times. It is for your safety should you fall or move too far back on the tread belt. Pulling this safety tether cord will stop tread belt movement. To use:
- Place the Safety Key (magnet) into position on the round portion of the console control head. Your treadmill will not start and operate without this. Removing the magnet also secures the treadmill from unauthorized use.
- Fasten the plastic clip onto your clothing securely to assure good holding power. Note: The magnet has strong enough power to minimize accidental, unexpected stopping. The clip should be attached securely to make certain it does not come off. Be familiar with its function and limitations. The treadmill will stop, depending on speed, with a one to two step coast anytime the Safety Key is pulled off the console. Use the STOP/PAUSE button during normal operation.
To enter the maintenance functions of your treadmill, press the home icon ten (10) consecutive times.
- Default Language Setup allows you to select the main language that will be shown when the console is turned on. You are able to select the language in the home menu, but once the user finishes using the machine the console will return to this default language.
- Software Update Manager is used to install new versions of the application software.
- Internet Manager allows you to modify the internet sites that are shown in the Internet menu.
- Wifi/Ethernet Setup is for selecting a Wifi signal or Ethernet addresses.
- Machine Setup allows you to select whether the CSAFE port is used for CSAFE or CAB TV Tuner. This menu also allows you to set the screen brightness.
- FTP Settings is the Spirit FTP site address where error logs and remote troubleshooting can be managed.
- Begin by selecting either TV or HDMI as the tuner source.
- Press OSD Menu. The first highlighted item on the menu is "Air/Cable," then "Cable," and "Air" afterward. Press OSD Enter to change the selection between "Cable" and "Air Signal" source (usually cable).
- After selecting Cable or Air, use the arrows located below the OSD Exit button to navigate down to "Auto Scan" then press OSD Enter. The tuner will now scan for all available channels.
- Press OSD Exit when done. You can modify the channels by pressing Update Channel List.
Note: The OSD Command button is for engineering use only.
- Once your machine has been assembled, power on the treadmill by plugging it into an appropriate wall outlet, then turn on the power switch located at the front of the treadmill below the motor hood. Learn more about CT850ENT power supply requirements here.
- Ensure that the Safety Key is installed, as the treadmill will not power on without it.
- When the power is turned on, the screen will show a brief loading screen and then display the 'Welcome' screen which indicates that the machine is ready to operate. Learn more about the features and functions of the CT850ENT touch screen here.
- Attach the Safety Key to enable the display (if not already on).
- Press any button to wake the display (if not already on).
- Press green START button to begin belt movement at 0.5 mph. Adjust to the desired speed using the speed keys (▲/▼).
- To slow the treadmill, press and hold the slow (▼) key to the desired speed.
- To stop the tread belt, press and release the STOP button.
Pause / Stop
- Press the red STOP button once. The belt will slow down gradually until it comes to a complete stop. The incline will decrease to 0%. After 5 minutes, the display will reset and show your workout summary on the screen.
- To resume the workout, press the green START button to continue the workout with your previous settings.
- Press the red STOP button twice to end the workout and view your workout summary.
- The incline level is changeable any time during the workout.
- Press and hold incline buttons (▲ / ▼) to change the incline level to the desired level.
- Remove the Safety Key.
- Turn off the main switch on the front of the treadmill, below the motor cover.