Your CT800 treadmill comes equipped with a variety of built-in programs as well as the ability to customize your workout based upon your fitness goals.
IMPORTANT: Always consult your physician before participating in any exercise program or regimen.
Adjust your settings as you workout
- Press any console button to wake the display up (if not already on). Note: Installing the safety key will also wake up console.
- Press the START key to begin belt movement at 0.5mph, then adjust to the desired speed using the speed ▲/▼ or 1-12 keys. You can adjust the speed at any time during your workout.
- To adjust the incline level, press and the incline ▲/▼ or 1-15 keys to achieve the desired gradient.
- To stop the tread-belt and end the workout, press the red STOP key.
Custom User Programs
Customize your workout based on your personal preferences
Press the PROGRAM button and select CUSTOM. Press ENTER to confirm. Note that the Dot Matrix Message Center will light a single row of dots at the bottom (unless there is a previously saved program).
The time window will flash. Use the ▲/▼ buttons to set the program for the desired time, then press the ENTER button. You must press ENTER to continue even if the time is not adjusted.
The incline window will flash a value indicating your age. Use the ▲/▼ buttons to adjust and then press ENTER.
The distance window will flash a value indicating your bodyweight. Entering your correct bodyweight affects the calorie readout accuracy. Use the ▲/▼ buttons to adjust, and then press ENTER.
The first speed setting column (segment) will blink. Using the ▲/▼ buttons, adjust the speed to your desired effort level for the first segment then press ENTER to confirm. The second column will now be blinking. Note that the previous segment value has been carried over to the new segment. Repeat the above process until all segments have been programmed.
The first column will now be blinking again. The console is ready for the incline settings. Repeat the same process used to set the speed values for programming the segments for incline.
Press the START button to begin the workout and also save the program to memory.
Preset (Built-in) Programs
10 preset programs offering a variety of challenge levels
The Spirit Fitness CT800 offers 10 preset programs: Custom User, 5k Run, two Heart Rate Control programs, Interval, Hill, Fat Burn, Cardio and a Fitness Test (Gerkin, Army, Navy, Airforce, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, PEB).
- Press the PROGRAM button to select a program, then press the ENTER button to begin customizing the program with your personal data, or press the START button to begin the program with the default settings.
- After selecting the desired program and pressing ENTER, the time window will blink with the default value of 20 minutes. You may use any of the ▲/▼ buttons to adjust the time. After adjusting the time, press ENTER to confirm. Note: You may press START at any time during the programming to begin with only settings you have modified at that point.
- The incline window will now be blinking a value indicating your age. Use the ▲/▼ buttons to adjust, and then press ENTER to confirm.
- The distance window will now be blinking a value indicating your bodyweight. Entering your correct bodyweight affects the calorie readout accuracy. Use the ▲/▼ buttons to adjust, and then press ENTER to confirm.
- The speed window will now be blinking, showing the preset top speed of the selected program. Use the ▲/▼ buttons to adjust, and then press ENTER to confirm. Each program has various speed changes throughout; this allows you to limit the highest speed the program will attain during your workout.
- When finished, press the START button to begin your workout, or press the STOP button to return to the previous screen.
Heart Rate Control Programs 1 and 2
5K Run Program
This program automatically sets a 5k or 10k (5 or 10 kilometer) distance as your goal. The track display will show one loop that is the equivalent of 5 or 10 kilometers. When the program begins, the distance will count down and once it reaches zero, the program ends.
When the Fitness Test program is selected, the dot matrix displays the 5 different tests available: Gerkin, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, PEB, and Coast Guard. To select your desired fitness test use the ▲/▼ buttons and then press ENTER.
- The console display will prompt you to enter your weight. You may adjust the weight setting, shown in the distance window, using the ▲/▼ keys then press the ENTER button to accept the new number and proceed on to the next screen.
- Now enter your age. You may adjust the age setting, shown in the incline window, using the ▲/▼ keys, then press ENTER to continue.
- Now enter your gender. You may adjust the gender setting, shown in the incline window, using the ▲/▼ keys then press ENTER to continue.
- Press START to begin the test.