Power the treadmill on by plugging it into an appropriate wall outlet, then turn on the power switch located at the front of the treadmill below the motor hood. Ensure that the safety tether key/cord is installed, as the treadmill will not power on without it.
When the power is turned on, all the lights on the display will light for a short time. The time and distance windows will display odometer readings for a short time. The time window will show how many hours the treadmill has been in use and the distance window will show how many miles (or kilometers if the treadmill is set to metric readings) the treadmill has gone. A message will display showing the current software version. The treadmill will then enter idle mode, which is the starting point for operation.
Your console is equipped with a CSAFE feature. The power (POWER) port can be used for powering a remote controlled audio-visual system by connecting a cable from the remote to the power port at the back of the console. The communication (COMM) port can be used to interact with fitness software applications.
Safety Tether Cord
A safety tether cord is provided with this unit. It is a simple magnetic design that should be used at all times for your safety, should you fall or move too far back on the tread belt. Pulling this safety tether cord will stop tread belt movement. To use:
- Place the safety key (magnet) into position on the round portion of the console control head. Your treadmill will not start and operate without this. Removing the magnet also secures the treadmill from unauthorized use.
- Fasten the plastic clip onto your clothing securely to assure good holding power. Note: The magnet has strong enough power to minimize accidental, unexpected stopping. The clip should be attached securely to make certain it does not come off. Be familiar with its function and limitations. The treadmill will stop, depending on speed, with a one to two step coast anytime the safety key is pulled off the console.
Quick Start / Pause / Stop / Reset
- Attach the safety key to enable the display or press START (if not already on). Pressing the START button will begin belt movement at 0.5mph. Adjust to the desired speed using the speed ▲/▼ keys. To adjust deck incline, press the incline ▲/▼ keys to the desired incline level.
- When the treadmill is running, the pause feature may be utilized by pressing the red STOP button once. This will slowly decelerate the tread-belt to a stop. The incline will go to zero percent. The time, distance and calorie readings will also stop.
- To resume your workout, press the START button. The speed and incline will return to their previous settings.
- If the ENTER button is held down while the treadmill is paused, the console will reset and return to the idle mode (start up) screen.
- To end the treadmill program, press the STOP button again or pull out the safety key, though we encourage you to use the STOP button first.
Speed and Incline Settings
- Speed and incline may be adjusted anytime after belt movement.
- Press and hold the ▲/▼ incline buttons to achieve desired level of incline. You may also choose a more rapid increase/decrease by pressing keys 0 through 15.
- Press and hold the ▲/▼ speed buttons to achieve desired level of speed. You may also choose a more rapid increase/decrease by pressing keys 1 through 12.
- The display will indicate incline level in 0.5 increments as adjustments are made. The maximum value you may input for speed is 12.0mph or 18.0kmph. The maximum incline is 15.0%.
The console includes a built-in fan to help keep you cool. To turn the fan on, press the blue fan icon key in the low-center of the console.
Understanding the Console Display
While the treadmill is in use, the console will display pace, calories burned, time (elapsed or countdown), distance traveled, pulse (when receiving a signal), speed, incline, program name, number of laps completed, and segment time. There is also a speed and incline profile graph that lets you see how hard you have worked and how challenging the upcoming segments will be.
If you decide that you want to begin a program, press the PROGRAM key and then press the ENTER button to select the desired program and begin setting the workout parameters. Learn more about CT800 workout programs here.
This treadmill has a built in heart rate monitoring system. Grasping the hand pulse sensors on the stationary handlebars will initiate the heart rate measurement (this may take a few seconds). Click here to learn more about CT800 heart rate features.
- The console display will automatically turn off (sleep mode) after 30 minutes of inactivity (no key operations). The treadmill will draw very little current in display mode (about as much as your TV when it is turned off).
- Remove the safety key.
- Turn off the main switch on the front of the treadmill, below the motor cover.