Take your workout to the next level and stay connected to the apps that inspire you with Bluetooth FTMS 4.0 capabilities in your XT685 treadmill.
In this article:
- Connect to Third-Party FTMS Apps
- Share Workout Data to Other Third-Party Apps
- Connecting Bluetooth Accessories
- Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
Syncing Your XT685 with Fitness Applications
Connect to Third-Party FTMS Apps
The FTMS apps below will connect directly to your treadmill:
Zwift is an app for cyclists, runners, and triathletes that makes indoor training fun. Reach your fitness goals within virtual worlds designed for a global community. XT685 models are compatible with Zwift. View our library of Zwift-related articles below to learn more:
Kinomap is an interactive fitness app for cyclists, runners, and rowers with over 283,059 miles of virtual courses to explore. XT685 models are compatible with Kinomap. View our library of Kinomap-related articles below to learn more:
- Using Kinomap with Compatible Spirit Machines
- How to Create a Kinomap Account
- Kinomap Troubleshooting
Share Workout Data to Other Third-Party Apps
You can share your workout data with many of your favorite fitness apps - such as the ones listed below - by first connecting your machine to the SPIRIT+ app.
Map My Fitness
To share your workout data:
- Turn on your treadmill.
- Ensure that your mobile device's Bluetooth setting is toggled on.
- If not already done, download the SPIRIT+ mobile application and login/create a user account.
- If not already done, download the third-party fitness application of your choice and login/create a user account.
- Follow the SPIRIT+ application prompts to pair your treadmill through the app, then proceed with syncing your third-party app to the SPIRIT+ app. Please note: each application will vary slightly when pairing your treadmill and parent application.
Strava Users: If you utilize the Strava app and would like to sync your workout data, you will need to download the Spirit Fit app. The Strava app is not compatible with the SPIRIT+ app. To share your Spirit Fit data with Strava, download the Spirit Fit app, create an account, pair your machine, and proceed with sharing your data via the Strava app.
Connect Bluetooth Accessories (Heart Rate Monitor)
Bluetooth on your XT685 is always on and ready to pair. Pairing will differ based on the make and model of your specific device. Follow the instructions included with your Bluetooth device to ensure proper pairing and begin use. Once a heart rate monitor is paired, the XT685 will display the data in the “Pulse” section of the screen. Click here to learn more about using the included chest-strap style heart rate monitor with your XT685.
Please note: Bluetooth audio devices cannot be paired to your treadmill.
Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
- Fitness app is not finding my machine
- Fitness app won't connect to my machine
- Ensure your machine is plugged in and powered on.
- Ensure your mobile device is turned on and that Bluetooth is enabled.
- Ensure your mobile device is within 20 feet of the machine.
- Ensure you have the latest version of the fitness app installed on your mobile device. You can do this by visiting the app store on your device and viewing the most current version of the app available.
- Machine is not sending workout information to fitness app
- Fitness app does not register my workout information
- Ensure that you have paired your machine directly to Zwift/Kinomap (FTMS apps), or you are using the SPIRIT+ app to share data from your machine to the third-party app of your choice (non-FTMS apps).
- Ensure your machine and the FTMS app(s) are properly paired by visiting your app’s customer support (See Zwift Troubleshooting or Kinomap Troubleshooting). Please note: non-FTMS apps can only receive data directly from the SPIRIT+ app. You cannot connect your treadmill directly to non-FTMS apps.
- Ensure your device is within 20 feet of the machine.
- Ensure you have the latest version of the fitness app installed on your device. You can do this by visiting the app store on your device and viewing the most current version of the app available.
- Fitness app will not load
- Fitness app will not download
- Check your internet connection to ensure it is working, and that you have a strong signal.
- Check your app’s list of supported devices to ensure that your device is listed.
- Contact your app’s customer support to report an issue when loading the app or downloading the app.
All other troubleshooting:
For issues with app functionality, contact your app’s customer support.